I’m so glad to share the wonderful news with you all: I finally finished my manuscript! It’s been a rough ride working on it especially because we’re also traveling full time, but I did it! Our honeymoon has been great so far, and it’s truly wonderful to let you in our journey.
This day is also special for the reason that we are celebrating this news at in Port St Lucie. Port St Lucie is a municipality just two hours north of Miami and we were glad to find out it has its own atmosphere and wonders. Club Med’s Sandpiper Bay is an all-inclusive haven with breathtaking views and thoroughly maintained facilities. We were overjoyed to spend our time in this unique recreational haven!
Why Should You Visit Club Med Sandpiper Bay in Port St Lucie?
A lot of you are familiar with Miami, Ft Lauderdale, or Palm Beach, but perhaps not with Port St Lucie. is a scenic, charming and quiet county in the heart of Florida where, despite its growth, has maintained the quaint allure of “the real Florida.” Visitors to this county has a lot of choices for activities – from hiking green reserves, rowing verdant waters, horseback riding on its beaches or enjoying its unflustered, tranquil beauty.
The laid-back, cool atmosphere makes this a perfect retreat for couples and families alike wanting a break from the hustle and bustle. At the same time as being active and trying out new things, one of the best parts of staying somewhere like Club Med is how much time you get for relaxation, especially since all you need is in one place. Even though the weather wasn’t cooperative, we still had a great time!
The Accommodation in Club Med Sandpiper Bay
Club Med Sandpiper Bay offers two types of rooms: the Club, and the Deluxe room. Both room types are designed to ensure coziness and relief for guests. They also have bath amenities, air conditioning and a few homely touches like coffee machines, in-room telephones, and television units.
We managed to make a mess of our room pretty quickly, but that’s what happens when you feel at home! The open plan bed and living room, opening out onto a sea-view patio gives plenty of natural light and gives immediate access to the beach and all the activities, like sailing, paddle boarding, kayaking, or just some relaxed swimming!
Price: Private double rooms start at around $120
The Food in Club Med Sandpiper Bay
Club Med is an all-inclusive resort, and by all-inclusive, they mean it includes the food! Their in-house restaurant buffet allows guests to eat as much as they want, anytime they want. They still arranged us a proper, fine-dining dinner, though. For those looking to have some kick in their retreat, alcoholic drinks and refreshments are also included! Another great catch for those who want to drink out and have fun!
The riverside views, the ambiance, and the quiet mood makes every moment worthwhile, accompanied by great food selections from the resort.
They have three restaurants that cater to guests, namely the Marketplace, Soleil, and Riverside. Marketplace is comfortably placed between St Lucie River and the pool, in which guests can dine looking over the luxuriant view while absorbing the cool breeze.
This restaurant offers a great variety of international cuisines, and they serve guests from morning to night. Soleil is for those who want to eat at their own comfort, at their own time. They can just grab their order and go dine at their own rooms, or by the riverside. The last one, Riverside BBQ & Grill, offers great view by the river, with a range of cuisines and local food updated for their guests.
The Amenities in Club Med Sandpiper Bay
- Swimming Pool – It’s hard to resist taking a dip in the waters, especially when you’re at a resort surrounded by exquisite natural beauty, with the fresh breeze making you feel refreshed and relaxed.
- Tennis Court – If you’re looking for a fun recreational activity, the resort also houses a tennis court with up-to-date equipment along with help from experienced and trained staff. Beginners and more skilled players can all have fun and get to exercise as well.
- Sailing and Watersports – If you’re looking for that adrenaline rush and energy, they also offer sailing lessons and rides at the river. You can explore the beauty of the river and its vegetation, and get revitalized by the thrill of the waters. Aside from sailing, they offer kayaking and much more water activities! In Club Med, we were able to take out one of the small catamaran sailboats on the river, which was my first time sailing. It was great controlling the boat so much, knowing that we will soon live aboard our own sailboat full time!
- Lounge – For those who just want to sit down, take a breath and just get pleasure from the wonderful view, they have a lounge right by the shore where you can lie down, soak up the sun and sip on your favorite drinks. And speaking of drinks, they also have bars for couples and families alike who just want to have fun and another one near the quiet pool where guests can enjoy drinks with their partners and/or their friends.
- Golf – When they say all-inclusive, they mean it. They have a great golf course for those who want to try this sport and for skilled players as well.
- Beach Volleyball – It’s a sunny paradise here in Port St Lucie, and of course they have a volleyball court where you and your friends can get that energy rush you need.
Things to do in Club Med and Port St Lucie
- Beach Tour on Horseback – Allow yourself to take it slow, live by the moment and take a ride along the breathtaking view of the beach of St Lucie. This beach tour is available only on the weekends and is one of the only places in Florida where can ride horses on the beach, so it’s something you really have to do! Contact to arrange the one-of-a-kind experience.
- Oxbow Eco-Centre – This 225-acre sanctuary is a living laboratory where guests of all ages can get to explore and learn in this environmental learning center. You can join naturalists on a guided tour of the area, or venture on your own in the gentle forests and lush woodlands. From the flat woods to the wetlands, this incredible park contains all. They also have a tour of the St. Lucie River, said to have more fish species than any other rivers in the state!
- Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens – The botanical garden is a well-groomed field in the middle of a developing city. This 20-acre reserve is a welcome retreat from the everyday hustle, as well as serving home to diverse flora and fauna. With well-lined trails, exquisite gardens, and sanctuaries dedicated to butterflies, orchids, and roses, it hosts a truly scenic beauty often missed at cities. They also host weddings, concerts, and programs for cultural immersion.
- Tradition Field – Every year, famous baseball team New York Mets hold their spring training program here at Port St Lucie. Tradition Field also hosts the local St Lucie Mets game and offers great food and drinks to go with a fun crowd for an exciting game!
- Oak Hammock Park – One of the must-visit retreats in the city, this 48-acre reserve is truly a wonder. Its amenities include fishing piers, boat ramps with a dock, and a butterfly garden. It also serves host for 3 miles of shaded trails, where walking, bicycling, and dog walking is allowed. These trails are perfect for light activity and sightseeing as you soak up the view of large oak and palm trees perfect to shade you from the sun.
- Woodstork Trail – A new sidewalk trail along Hillmoor Drive, this 56-acre field is a pleasurable sanctuary and location for those who want to relax or exercise. With a mile of sidewalk trail, observation, and fishing decks, this park is perfect for light walking, bicycling and fishing.
- Savannas State Preserve Park – A savanna is a freshwater marsh, a type of biome that once covered the state of Florida. This sanctuary park is the largest and most preserved in all of the state. Stretching 10 miles of an endangered ecosystem, this park is a pleasure for visitors and residents alike. Water activities such as canoeing, kayaking, and fishing are the most popular, while wildlife aficionados, photographers, and sightseers will like the various natural systems. More than 15 miles of the area are available and shared by use for cycling, hiking, horseback riding and walking trails. Along these trails can guests also go wildlife viewing, where they can observe species such as alligators, marsh rabbits, and a variety of birds in their natural habitat.
- Spruce Bluff Preserve – This former pioneer settlement and the cemetery was planned to be a residential development until it was converted for public use. This 97-acre site has two trails where each one helps guests explore the history of the preserve. One trail guides guests about the first settlements near the St Lucie River, and another trail guides guests to the history of a Native American mound along the area’s southern edge.
Note: This trip wouldn’t have been possible without the help and support of for our itinerary in Port St Lucie and to , the official tourism office of Florida in Tallahassee, and especially Mrs. Summer Gilhousen Gonzalez-Mendez, who arranged the whole trip and coordinated with all the local tourism boards, private companies for our sponsored hotel stays and tours. All opinions and ideas are all ours. Thank you!
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!