Packing can be stressful, especially when you have no idea what to pack! Here is the Complete Travel Gear and Packing Tips for Female Travelers list, to make packing that much easier for you! You’ll find recommended backpacks, necessary gear, gadgets for both the digital nomad and non digital nomad, and necessary toiletries used for anywhere in the world.
We’ve also listed recommendations for each part of the world, for North America, South America, the Caribbean, Central America, Africa, Asia, and Australia/Oceania, so you can pack extra things based on the destination!
Packing should always be fun, since it’s preparing you for the adventure of a lifetime! Be sure to check out our 3 Simple Packing Tips for Your Next Vacation, Ultimate Packing Tips for Female Backpackers, and 10 Simple Travel Hacks for Hassle-Free Trip.
- : This backpack is the perfect size, it opens in the front so it’s easier to find your clothing, has wonderful back support, and many different pockets and zippers for ultimate packing.
- : This backpack has a ventilation system to prevent sweaty backs, making traveling for females that much more comfortable. It has hip and back support, and it’s lightweight and comes at a very affordable price.
- : This is a great backpack not only for traveling, but for hiking as well. It has a hip belt, padded shoulder straps so it can be carried like a duffel bag, and can be adjusted to fit different torso sizes.
Travel Wash Bag
- : This foldable backpack is great for day excursions where you can put your gadgets, water, and miscellaneous items.
- : One main compartment with an additional 4 slits, perfect for organizing your toiletries. There’s a mirror inside and a hook that can be used to hang up the bag. It’s lightweight and comes in different colors.
- : This package has all of the necessary essentials for female travel. It’s suitable for hand luggage, the products are mildly scented and nourish your skin, the deodorant leaves you smelling fresh, and the mascara is light and waterproof.
- : This toothbrush has a packaway handle and a case for extra hygiene
- : An advanced cleaning toothpaste to leave your teeth feeling fresh and clean, and the perfect compact size for travel.
- : 5 blades, moisturizer, and easily compacted to make traveling easy and save space
- : This shaving cream lets the blade glide over your skin, and leaves it feeling smooth and clean, and soft. It’s only 3 oz, so it’s the perfect size for traveling.
- : This set is the perfect tool to save space traveling but also have all of the essentials you need. It’s scent is lovely and light, and leaves you feeling fresh and clean while also moisturizing your scalp and skin.
- This compact travel hairbrush folds so it can fit in even the tiniest spaces in your backpack.
- : This deodorant is anti-persperant and moisturizing, and leaves you smelling like you just got out of the shower for 24 hours! It’s small size fits neatly and easily into your backpack.
- : The diva cup is the ideal solution for women while traveling. It saves money, mess, and space in your bag.
- : This pocket sized sunscreen is 30 SPF, enough to protect your skin but also give you a healthy looking tan. It’s ultralight and nonsticky formula leaves your skin feeling smooth.
- : This first aid kit has all of the essentials for small wounds and illnesses while traveling, and it’s compact so it easily fits into your bag.
- : Writing your adventures down in a journal will be one of the best souvenirs you will ever have! This journal is cute and lightweight.
- : This extra security measure is always a good idea, especially when traveling.
- : A great item to have to protect gadgets from the rain, keep dirty clothes separate, and organize your items.
- : This simple makeup kit is easily packed and simple to use!
- Keep your hands germ free with this small hand sanitizer
- 5 Shirts
- 2 Tank Tops: the is perfect for this, and come in multiple colors!
- 1 Cute Shirt: is a fun and flowy shirt that can be worn on multiple occasions!
- 2 T-Shirts: is casual, comfortable, and can be worn when walking through a city or relaxing at night. They can also be worn as pajamas!
- 5 Shorts:
- : These Levi shorts are comfortable and stylish!
- : These sports shorts are perfect for walking around a city, exercising, or lounging around. They can also be worn as pajamas.
- : These cute shorts are perfect for nights out around a new city!
- 2 Leggings: Leggings are great to have for flights, long buses, or just walking around. They’re comfortable and cute.
- 2 Long Shirts
- : This is a fun print and can be worn on cooler nights, no matter which country you’re in!
- 2 Dresses
- : Fun print, flowy, comfortable, and great for traveling!
- : This can be worn out, casually, in temples (with a jacket or sarong covering your shoulders), on the beach, and everywhere!
- 8 Underwear
- : This underwear promises maximal comfort when traveling
- 4 Thongs: These thongs are sexy and comfortable, perfect for nights out to impress!
- : These socks can be worn when hiking, walking, or exercising.
- : These bras are comfortable and fully supportive!
- : These can be worn hiking, exercising, or just lounging around!
- 2 Bathing Suits
- : This is great to have if you want to go diving or have to cover up in certain areas
- : This colorful bikini is flirty and fun!
- : A sports bra is necessary when hiking and exercising! This bra offers maximum support and comfort.
- 2 Shoes
- : These Saucony sneakers are good quality and comfortable.
- : Birkenstock makes high quality flip flops that mold to your feet, which is perfect for those of you who plan on walking around a lot!
- : This comfortable and waterproof rain jacket is perfect for traveling.
- : This phone is capable of taking high quality pictures, perfect for those of you who just like to point and shoot. They’re also good to have so you can get a SIM Card in the country you’re traveling too so you can stay connected. Make sure the phone is unlocked, so you can use the new SIM Card!
- : This rubber case is waterproof and shock proof and a necessary gadget for those of you with bad luck!
- : This compact camera is lightweight and takes quality pictures with a long battery life. It’s easy to use and great for amateur photographers.
- The Kindle is the ideal solution for travel. Instead of having to carry around books, carry around one piece of equipment that can store hundreds and hundreds of books! It’s thin and lightweight, perfect for travel.
- : This worldwide travel adaptor will make sure you can use the outlets in any country you visit. This is important so you can charge your electronics!
- : Ideal for cancelling out noisy neighbors while you sleep, when you want some alone time, or for music when you walk around the city.
- : This is the perfect camera for you pros, it has creative filters, takes high quality photos, is lightweight and easy to carry, and is great for photo enthusiasts and for those who want to work on their photography skills
- : Ideal for action shots and quality videos, the GoPro is one of the essential tools and digital nomad needs, especially if their focus is vlogging.
- Lightweight, efficient, and perfect for blogging and traveling, the MacBook Air is a great computer for nomads on the move.
- : The Drone is a great gadget to have for those aerial views of cities and gorgeous landscapes around the world. You’ll capture beautiful perspectives and wow your followers with something fresh and new!
- 1 Extra Sundress: If you’re visiting North America in the summer, you’re going to want to have some extra fashionable clothes to wear when you go out to dinner and when you visit bigger cities. This is beautiful and fashionable!
- 1 Pair of Heels: You’ll want a pair of heels to wear when going out to bars or dinner. These are comfortable, stylish, and can be worn on many occasions!
- 1 Pair of Jeans: Jeans are worn in every season, and for many different occasions. Wear them with heels for a night out, or wear them with sneakers for a casual get together. are comfortable and perfect for any occasion!
- : This fleece jacket is great in the fall and spring in some parts of North America, and will keep you warm in the cooler weather.
- : Spanish is spoken in many countries in South America, so having a dictionary handy is a great way to learn a new language and prepare for any scenario.
- : Headlamps can be worn camping, when the electricity goes out, and in many other situations. This headlamp has a great battery life and is lightweight and easily carried.
- : This sleeping bag comes with a compression bag, and is lightweight and easily transported. Having a sleeping bag is great, especially if you plan on going camping while in South America.
- : This straw removes 99.99% of waterborne bacteria from water and waterborne protozoan parasites, which is perfect while traveling in areas where the water is not safe to drink.
- : This is a great item to have, especially if you’re ever staying in a more dangerous city. It’s hidden underneath your clothes, and you can keep all important items like money and passport close by.
- : These are quick drying, small, light, and great especially if your hostel or hotel doesn’t give you a towel to use. They’re also great to have if you plan on going to the beach.
- : This is ideal for traveling in areas of the world where an upset stomach is quite common. The ginger root will sooth your stomach pain and ease digestion.
- : This bug spray is highly effective at preventing bites from nasty pests, and is a must have when visiting Central America.
- : These are great to use for washing your clothes in the sink while traveling. They’re small and get the job done!
- : Spanish is widely spoken in Central America, so having this at hand is a great idea.
- : Talk to your health care provider to determine if taking malaria pills is a good choice for you. You will need to get them from a doctor’s prescription.
- : Wash your clothes anywhere, anytime, all you need is water and a sink! These are great to have, especially if you’re somewhere where they can’t do your laundry.
- These boots can be worn in the snow and the rain, perfect if you’re in Europe for more than one season! These boots are stylish and can be worn when walking around a city or going out to the bars.
- : This scarf is fashionable and perfect if you’re traveling during the cold winters, or even the cool summer nights. It can be worn many different ways and is a must have for traveling in Europe!
- Jeans are a must have in Europe, so just as you would for North America, pack one pair of skinny jeans that can be worn for multiple occasions and in many different seasons!
- : These heels are fashionable and perfect for those romantic nights in the European streets, or fun nights out with your girlfriends at the bars!
- : Tiva makes great sandals that are comfortable enough to walk long distance in, but are also waterproof
- : This is great to have when camping or in a dorm room without a mosquito net, especially malaria is common in some parts of Africa.
- Malaria pills: Talk to your health care provider to determine if taking malaria pills is the right choice for you, as malaria is prevalent in some parts of Africa.
- : Many places in Asia don’t have toilet paper, so having tissues with you at all times is a must! These can also be used to blow your nose, so they’re multipurpose.
- : This travel pack is the perfect size, and great to have to clean your hands and wipe dirt off of your face. They’re also good to have after long overnight bus journeys!
- : Again, great to have for camping and for when the power goes out!
- There are a ton of treks and hiking trails all over Asia, so having a pair of quality trekking shoes is necessary when visiting Asia!
- : Again, another necessary item when visiting Asia, especially if you plan on camping.
- : This beautiful and comfortable sarong is a great item to have in Asia. It can be worn for many different occasions, and is great to use to cover up when visiting temples and holy areas.
- This is great to have when traveling in mosquito infested areas, especially if your hostel or hotel bed doesn’t come with a mosquito net. Easily packable and compact.
- : Great for upset stomach and stomach pains!
- : Great to wear on many different occasions, when at the beach, hiking, or walking around a city.
AUSTRALIA / OCEANIA
- : These quickdry running shorts are lightweight and perfect for days out on the beach, exercising, or hiking.
- : You’re probably going to spend a lot of time in the sun and on the beach, so packing an extra bathing suit is a good idea. This simple bikini comes in many different colors and is very stylish!
- : The Fujifilm makes a great waterproof camera. This is great to have for all of those ocean and pool photos you’re going to want to take in Oceania!
- : There are gorgeous hiking and trekking trails throughout Australia, so pack 1 pair of sturdy and high quality trekking shoes
- These pumps are stylish and a great item to have when you want to get dressed up and go out after spending the day tanning on the beach!
- : These straight legged jeans are comfortable and stylish. They can be worn on nights out or when strolling through the streets!