After a wonderful stay in Citadines Makati, we transferred to another amazing property, The Ascott Makati. We were picked up by the hotel’s private car as these two are under one hotel company. Upon reaching The Ascott Makati, we were welcomed by their beautiful General Manager, Ms. Joanne Golong-Gomez, who looks a lot like Alice Dixon – a famous Filipina actress! The brings back so many memories from my childhood. I was born in Makati but lived most of my life in the province.
The reason why I became nostalgic was the location of The Ascott Makati. It’s actually in Glorietta – another popular shopping destination in the city. I can still remember as kids; we would go to Glorietta where I would play in Timezone (the amusement arcade) or watch movies with loads of popcorn in my mouth! Who would have thought that I’d be back in the same location, but now, staying in one of the best hotels in Makati?
The Ascott Makati is a Shopper’s Haven
Simply put, you don’t have to worry about ANYTHING when you stay in The Ascott Makati. Since you are extremely near to almost all establishments, all you need to do is relax, use the hotel’s facilities and go out if your heart desires.
But to be honest, staying in The Ascott Makati for the whole day isn’t a bad idea with all the fantastic amenities and facilities in here.
Here is a quick list of the rooms you can choose at The Ascott Makati. Even the smallest unit is relatively spacious, so you don’t have to worry about getting ‘claustrophobic.’
- Studio Deluxe Classic – 36 sqm and can fit three persons
- Studio Executive Suite – 53 sqm and can fit three persons
- 1 – Bedroom Classic – 72 sqm and can fit three persons
- 1 – Bedroom Deluxe – 78 -83 sqm and can fit three persons
- 1 – Bedroom Executive – 88 sqm and can fit three persons
- 2 – Bedroom Deluxe – 113 sqm and can fit five persons
- 2 – Bedroom Executive – 144 sqm and can fit five persons
- 3 – Bedroom Deluxe – 220-224 sqm and can fit seven persons
- 3 – Bedroom Executive – 263 -292 and can fit seven persons
You also have additional facilities such as your own refrigerator and microwave, so you can enjoy the restaurant or prepare your own food in your room.
The breakfast choices are overflowing. As for me, I ate a lot of rice. After all, ‘Rice is Life’ for most Filipinos. And of course, the taste was amazing. If I am not watching my diet, I’d go for multiple rounds. But hey, our next adventures included beach tours, so I had to watch what I ate!
- Outdoor Pool – How about some big splash in The Ascott’s marvelous pool?
- Spa – Or maybe get some treatment after your long meetings?
- Fitness Centre – Are you a health – buff? Try the hotel’s gym facilities.
- Sauna – Perhaps, just sweat it all off in the sauna.
- Tennis Court – I hope I can still play this game, but it’s been years! If you love tennis, might as well have a match.
- Meeting and Conference Rooms – And if you are traveling for business, you can also use the conference and meeting rooms, so you don’t have to experience the traffic in Makati.
- Children’s Playroom – Yes, there’s actually a designated area if you are bringing your kids with you. At least they won’t get bored when you go for a quick shopping!
The Ascott Makati is surrounded with different malls in Makati. Here are some of the local favorites which I’m sure you would love to roam around as well.
- Glorietta Malls – I would say, this is my childhood favorite. You can find a lot of things here, from affordable to luxurious items. Plus, there’s a cinema and Timezone which your kids would definitely enjoy.
- Landmark – Here’s another mall where you can visit while you’re staying in The Ascott Makati. If you want to get something for your families and friends back home, you can definitely have something more affordable here.
- SM – Another mall near this hotel is SM. Why not do your grocery shopping while you’re here?
- Greenbelt – As mentioned in my other post, this is considered a more high – end mall within the area. If you want to splurge, go and visit this place. It also has a chapel if you wish to reflect and pray.
- MRT Station – Oh my! Jon and I tried riding the MRT (Manila Metro Rail Transit System) because we had a meeting at Quezon City. Unfortunately, our meeting fell on a day where we couldn’t use the car provided by . Glad the MRT was just a few walks from our hotel.
Fact Sheet: Frequently Asked Questions about The Ascott Makati
1. How much is the rate in The Ascott Makati?
To inquire about rates, availability or promo, check the links below:
2. What are the credit cards accepted in The Ascott Makati?
The property accepts American Express, Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club International and JCB.
3. Are children allowed to stay in The Ascott Makati?
Definitely! All children are welcome, and The Ascott Makati is recommended for families.
4. Are pets allowed in The Ascott Makati?
No, pets are not allowed on the property.
5. What is the check – in and check – out time in The Ascott Makati?
The check – in is at 1400, and the check – out is at 1200.
6. Is there an airport shuttle available for the guests?
Yes, shuttle services are available. Corresponding fees apply.
7. Is wi – fi available in all areas of The Ascott Makati?
Yes, you may use the wi – fi in all corners of the hotel.
8. Is there an on- site restaurant at The Ascott Makati?
Yes, and the restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
9. Is there a parking space for all the guests of The Ascott Makati?
Yes, there are parking spaces for the guests, and no prior reservation is needed.
10. What are the languages used in the property?
The staff mainly use English and Filipino.
If you want to have a staycation and worry that you will run out of ideas for your kids and the entire family, the best solution is to book a room at The Ascott Makati. With different malls surrounding the property, there’s always an activity which the whole family can enjoy.
This trip was arranged by . Special thanks to Mr. Gerry Panga, the Tourism Attaché and Director for Northern and Southern Europe, .
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!