After visiting The Pottinger Hotel, I was fortunate enough to experience the services of their sister hotel, The Olympian Hong Kong Hotel in West Kowloon Island. My stay started well when I got to talk to their General Manager (Mr. Kevin Chuc) who was one of the funniest men I have ever met! And it doesn’t stop there because they gave me the biggest room in the property. When I say big, I mean something that can hold an entire family!
I found out that the Olympian Hong Kong Hotel was just 400 meters away from the MTR station which makes going around Hong Kong a breeze. If there is one thing that I would like the Philippines to have, it has got to be Hong Kong’s train system.
Anyway, it is actually incredible to know how this hotel was able to preserve its tranquility in the center of such a busy city. No wonder The Olympian Hong Kong Hotel was awarded ‘Luxury Boutique Hotel of the Year’ by the Luxury Travel Guide Global Awards 2016, and ‘South East Asia’s Best Newcomer Boutique Hotel’ by the 2016 World Boutique Hotel Awards.
I had mixed emotions though. I mean, having this massive room all by myself can be a bit lonely most especially that I am so used to Jonathan being beside me, (him and his semi-obsession with bathrobes). Haha! But then again, traveling solo isn’t bad because you get to meet new friends along the way.
Reasons to stay at The Olympian Hong Kong Hotel
If you are someone with a luxurious taste and only want the best for your stay in Hong Kong, this property will not disappoint. The location, the facilities, and the services are all world – class. Let me give you a glimpse of what to expect in this amazing property.
Luxurious hotels in Hong Kong have few things in common. They have great beds and probably comfortable space. But what makes this property stands out are the views you can get from each room. Looking at it before you sleep might be the best way to end your day. And I have to say, the city skyline of Hong Kong can give anyone pure joy.
- Deluxe Room – If you are traveling as a couple with a child (ages 0 to 11) then this 43 sqm. room is the best option for your basic accommodation needs. You get to enjoy one king size bed and one bathroom while indulging the picturesque view of the city.
- Grand Harbour View – If you like more space for your child to move around or you are just simply into bigger spaces, then this 60 sqm. room is a keeper.
- Suite – This elegant room will surely make your jaw drop.
You can ensure that your room is always in its best condition with the daily housekeeping.
Olympian Hong Kong Hotel has an exceptional overall score based on reviews online. That said, you know you are always in good hands when you book at this property.
Taste amazing local and international delicacies served in their private club-style lounge. They’re made from the freshest ingredients which I am sure you would crave every single day.
- Business Corner – The hotel is perfect not just for ‘wanderers’ but also for business travellers. Staying in the Olympian Hotel in Hong Kong has its own business corner which can answer all your office needs.
- Fitness Center – In here, you get to enjoy the state-of-the-art equipment to burn all the calories after tasting the sumptuous treats in and outside the hotel.
- Transportation – If you don’t want to take the MTR, you can always get the hotel’s transportation services. Their front desk is open 24/7 and their concierge can help you arrange tours.
Area Guide near Kowloon Island, Hong Kong
Hong Kong was not called the “shopping capital” for nothing. The temptation to shop is just too hard to resist. Here are some of the ones you should go to.
- Harbour City – Hong Kong’s largest mall with over 450 shops!
- ELEMENTS – Or why not try visiting Elements and check out their best items.
- Ladies Market – I hope you have an additional baggage allowance because going here will definitely make you shop like crazy.
And here are some of the places that must be included in your itinerary (whatever it takes!)
- Victoria Harbour – The collection of fishing villages grew to become an international centre of trade and it is one of the world’s most magnificent urban landscapes.
- Hong Kong Cultural Centre – Get to watch amazing shows that will make you fall in love with Hong Kong’s culture.
- Ocean Park –One of Hong Kong’s best amusement parks, Ocean Park still has the charm that it holds for multiple years.
- Hong Kong Science Museum – An interactive museum which all kids can enjoy.
- The Peak – Fall in love with the fantastic views and perhaps, dine with someone special in here.
- Disneyland Hong Kong – Do I have to say more? It is, after all, the happiest place on earth. You can read our itinerary to Disneyland here.
Are you a foodie? Here’s a quick list for you that will give you a taste of Hong Kong delicacies.
- Kowloon City – If you love or just want to try Southeast Asian, Thai, Chiu Chow and Cantonese food or maybe, local desserts then visit the gourmet neighborhood of Kowloon City. Just take a ride in MTR Lok Fu Station and have a short cab ride from there.
- Knutsford Terrace & Observatory Court – If you like to dine at a less hectic place, then the Knutsford Terrace is the best place for you. You will never run out of choices from more than 30 restaurants with different cuisines.
- Ashley Road – If you want to check out bars and restaurants then visit Ashley Road for a nightlife experience.
Fact Sheet: Frequently Asked Questions About Olympian Hong Kong Hotel?
1.Where can you find the best rates for Olympian Hong Kong Hotel?
Please check Hotel’s | | for the updated room rates.
2.How many rooms are there in The Olympian Hong Kong Hotel?
They have 32 deluxe residential-style rooms and suites with amazing views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong’s world-famous skyline.
3.Is there an in-house restaurant in Olympian Hong Kong Hotel?
You can dine in the Private Lounge where they serve local and international delicacies, round the clock.
4. Do they have a place where I can work-out?
Yes. They have a 24-hour fitness center perfect for all the health buffs out there.
5. Can I smoke in the room?
No. All rooms are non-smoking.
6. Which MTR stations are situated near the area?
Olympic MTR Station (about 400 meters) and Nam Cheong MTR Station.
7. Is there a hospital nearby?
Yes. Kwong Wah Hospital (about 1.7km).
8. Where is the nearest ATM from the hotel?
There is an ATM just about 90 meters away.
9. Is there a parking space in The Olympian Hong Kong Hotel?
Yes. There is a parking space for all the guests of The Olympian Hong Kong Hotel.
10. What languages do they speak?
They speak English, Chinese (Cantonese) and Chinese (Mandarin).
I would actually want to go back to Hong Kong with my grandparents. I mean, it’s just roughly 2 hours away from the Philippines and going around isn’t expensive too. Speaking of inexpensive, you can try and book with AirAsia where you can get the best rates going to Hong Kong.
I stayed as a guest at The Olympian Hong Kong Hotel. However, all opinions are based on my experience. AirAsia has partnered with BZFLAG Travel in making this trip and hotel review possible.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!