We are very fortunate to have been accommodated by some of the best properties in Paramaribo. It’s as if the universe wanted us to see and experience the best of the country. Paramaribo is the capital of Suriname where you can find amazing Dutch colonial buildings. We actually wrote few articles on the activities you can do in Suriname. I’m sure it would be a great help, most especially for first timers.
Going back to our accommodation, we stayed in Residence Inn Paramaribo for one night. It was obviously a short stay, but with the comfort, we experienced in the hotel, I would recommend it for tourists.
Residence Inn is a subsidiary of the national airline company, Surinam Airways. In here you can choose from 39 rooms that are all modern and comfortable. It’s located near the Suriname River and is outside the urban traffic and noise. Thus, this is perfect for those who are longing for quiet and tranquil sleep.
Why would I recommend Residence Inn, Paramaribo Suriname
Aside from its peaceful location, I recommend Residence Inn because it is just a few walks away from the entertainment center of the city. If you want to have fun before going to bed, then it should be no problem at all.
There are different types of rooms to choose from in Residence Inn, Paramaribo Suriname.
- Standard street side (single, double, triple) – Rates range from 85 to 105 USD.
- Standard garden view (single, double, triple) – Rates range from 95 to 115 USD.
- Executive (single, double, triple) – Rates range between 120 to 140 USD.
All rooms include the following:
- Hot and cold shower
- Safety deposit boxes
There is an in-house restaurant called Matutu which serves fantastic Surinamese delicacies and international dishes. You can also enjoy buffet breakfast when you stay in Residence Inn, Paramaribo, Suriname.
You will never get bored in the hotel because there are some facilities that will surely kill your time the best possible way.
- Swimming Pool – This is open from 1000 to 2100. Perfect if you want to have a quick dip to beat the heat of Suriname.
- Tennis Court – This has the same opening and closing time with that of the swimming pool. I wish I can still play tennis, but I guess I will have to train for that.
- Conference Room – If you are in Suriname for business, then this property will do you just fine. This can fit 60 people, and all the basic equipment are offered.
Here are some of the places which you shouldn’t miss when you are in the capital city of Suriname.
- St. Petrus en Paulus kathedraal – Also called as the St. Peter and St. Paul Cathedral, this is considered the biggest wooden structure in the western hemisphere.
- Waterkant – The Riverside Boulevard is a great place to relax and to just enjoy the surroundings. If you just want to have a quick walk, this is a great place to start.
- Paramaribo Central Market – Get the best finds from the central market and bring home amazing souvenirs.
- Surinaams Museum – Get to know the country and have a deeper perspective by seeing artifacts from the museum.
We also published an article on what you can do in Upper Suriname. Perhaps, the adventurous ones can take that too.
Fact Sheet: Frequently Asked Questions about The Residence Inn, Paramaribo, Suriname
1. How much is the rate in The Residence Inn, Paramaribo, Suriname
To inquire about rates, availability or promo, check the links below:
| | | |
2. How far is the property from Johan Adolf Pengel International Airport(PBM)
The property is approximately 44.4kms away from the airport.
3. Is there wi – fi in the property?
Yes, there is, and it is free for the hotel guests.
4. Is there a parking space for the guests of Residence Inn, Paramaribo, Suriname?
Yes, there is a free parking space in front of the hotel and is for free for the guests.
5. Are children below 12 years old free to stay in the hotel?
Yes, one child under 12 years old may stay for free in room with the parents.
6. What credit cards are accepted in The Residence Inn, Paramaribo, Suriname
Master, Visa, and Maestro card are accepted in the property.
7. What is the hotel category of the Residence Inn, Paramaribo, Suriname?
This property is a 3 – star hotel.
8. If I want to have a party in the hotel, how many guests can I invite?
You may invite 200 people at most. You may use the pool – deck depending on the package.
9. If I want to rent the conference room, is catering included?
You may ask for the hotel’s all – in conference arrangement.
10. Is there an airport shuttle?
Yes, there is.
11. Are pets allowed at the Residence Inn, Paramaribo, Suriname??
No. Pets are not allowed in the hotel.
12. Can you smoke in the hotel?
There is a designated area if you want to smoke.
13. What are the languages spoken in the Residence Inn, Paramaribo, Suriname?
They use Dutch and English.
14. What is the check –in/ check –out time of the hotel?
Check in is at 1500 check out is at 1200.
15. Are the rooms non–smoking?
Yes, all rooms are non–smoking.
The Residence Inn, Paramaribo, Suriname is perfect not just for couples, but for all kinds of travelers. It doesn’t matter if you are with your family, on your own, or in the capital for business matters. This property will surely have something for you.
Note: Our trip was arranged by . All opinions are based on our own experiences.
CAR RENTAL TIP: We always try to rent our own car when we travel, so that we can explore off-the-beaten-path places on our own schedule. Check out the best deals on rental cars for your trip and explore your independence!