We made the most out of our Latin America adventure and headed to Curacao, a beautiful island in the Caribbean. This is actually a haven for all underwater lovers as there are a lot of coral reefs and amazing marine species. Thus, if you want to go scuba diving, choosing to visit Curacao is no short of a brilliant idea.
During our short visit to Curacao, we stayed in this lively, lovely and interesting property called Scuba Lodge. This is located in the Pietermaai District, known to be one of the most vibrant places in Willemstad.
In this area, you would find a lot of old buildings which are being restored to its former beauty. While some of it are still in progress, its stunning imperfections gave the whole town its irresistible charm. If you would notice, we took loads of photos with the old buildings serving as our backdrop. Well, why wouldn’t we? For a time, I felt like a fashion blogger posing another #ootd!
Going back to our accommodation, Scuba Lodge is a simple and relaxed place to stay at when you are in Curacao. It is very convenient because you have a nearby supermarket, ATM, and even a pharmacy. You are sure to get what you need as a traveler seeking some marine adventure. Another great thing is that Scuba Lodge is the owner of Dive Center Pietermaai. It’s your one – stop – shop if you wish to go snorkeling or diving.
Review of Scuba Lodge, Curacao
Scuba Lodge is a small hotel located directly at the oceanfront. That alone can already give you an idea how relaxing the place is. Imagine staying in a property where there are only a few guests. Add that to the rejuvenating sound of the ocean. If I can stay for few more days, I definitely would have done that.
There are different rooms to choose from if you stay in Scuba Lodge. Regardless of your choice, you are sure to enjoy every minute of your stay here.
Standard Rooms – You have everything you need in the hotel’s standard rooms. You have a king – size bed, fridge and even coffee and tea making facilities. If you stay on the first floor, you can have access to the hotel’s shared gallery. Opt for the rooms on the ground floor and enjoy your own private terrace with the view of the hotel’s pool.
Superior Rooms – Do you need more space? If so, book a superior room and get the same facilities with that of the standard ones.
Superior Deluxe Rooms with Ocean View – If you wish to have a superb view of the ocean, better get this room and have your own terrace with the perfect sight of the Caribbean Sea.
Luxurious Apartments – Are you traveling with your family or with friends? Then the best option for you would be the luxurious apartments that will provide you with space, privacy, and of course, a jaw – dropping view of the waters.
Breakfast – You can enjoy a superb breakfast basket from Scuba Lodge. Every day, their basket changes. Thus, ensuring that you always start your day with a brand new experience. And what’s more? You get to have your early meal with the awesome view of the ocean.
Lunch – They have a restaurant that provides casual lunch, perfect if you just want to enjoy the chill vibe of the entire property.
Dinner – If you are with your partner, then having dinner in Scuba Lodge will give you that romantic appeal. The food is already outstanding. Pair it with the beautiful sunset and everything is perfect!
BBQ Night – This happens every Thursday where the guests can enjoy ‘all you can eat’ buffet. Load yourselves with delicious salads, French fries, and a whole lot more!
Massage – They highly recommend that you book in advance if you want to have a massage treatment at the Scuba Lodge. That alone tells us how good the service is. They even have a certified physiotherapist at your service.
Pool – If you want to take a rest from the ocean but still want to be in the waters, then why not spend few minutes in the property’s pool?
Laundry Service – Do you worry about your soiled clothes? There’s a laundry service that can take care of that for you.
– And what if you want to go around the area? You can easily book a car and spare yourself from the hassle of going around using public transportation. There’s also a local GPS called Wara Wara which you can rent for your car. That way, you are sure to find your way back to the property.
Here are some of the things you can do when you stay in Curacao.
- Diving/ Snorkelling – As I have said, this island is rich in marine species. Don’t miss out the opportunity to be amazed by the underwater adventures.
- Swimming with Dolphins – If you are traveling with kids, then this might be a good activity for them.
- Island Tour – Discover some hidden gems of Curacao by joining island tours.
- ATV – Perhaps, choose to see the island in a different way by renting an ATV.
- Sunset Boat Trip – Feeling a bit romantic? I suggest you join a sunset boat trip.
- Deep Sea Fishing – Experience fishing and learn from the experts. Highly recommended if you want to try something new.
- Caribbean Dining Experience – Do you love food? Well, who doesn’t? If you want to taste the real Caribbean cuisine, there are tours and packages perfect for your cravings.
- Yoga – Let’s level up your relaxation game and do yoga!
I don’t think you will run out of activities when in Curacao.
Fact Sheet: Frequently Asked Question about Scuba Lodge, Curacao
1. How much is the rate in Scuba Lodge, Curacao
To inquire about rates, availability or promo, check the links below:
| | | |
2. Is breakfast included in the rate?
An additional fee is incurred for the breakfast basket.
3. Is there a parking space for Scuba Lodge guests?
Parking is for free, and no reservation is required.
4. What is the check – in/ check-out time of the property?
Check – in time: 1500 – 2100
Check – out time: 0800 – 1200
5. Is there a wi-fi in the property?
Wi-fi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
6. Is this a pet – friendly accommodation?
Pets are not allowed in Scuba Lodge.
7. How many rooms are there on the property?
There are 32 amazing rooms to choose from.
8. Are there non-smoking rooms in Scuba Lodge?
Yes. There are non-smoking rooms.
9. Is there a babysitting service in the property?
Yes, there is. There are even food menus made for kids so they can also fully enjoy the stay in Scuba Lodge.
10. What are the languages spoken in Scuba Lodge, Curacao?
You can speak Dutch, Spanish, English and German.
Jonathan and I were able to enjoy the beautiful sunset, and of course, the waters calmed our nerves. Most probably we will explore the island more when we return, on our own sailboat!
Note that we had a complimentary stay at Scuba Lodge, Curacao. However, our opinion was based on our actual experience.
TIP: We always try to rent our own car when we travel, so that we can explore off-the-beaten-path places on our own schedule. Check out the best deals on rental cars for your trip and explore your independence!