How to Get Venezuela Tourist Visa for Filipinos with Philippines Passport – My Venezuelan Visa Application Experience!
Venezuela or the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela is located on the northern coast of South America. It is also known to have high biodiversity thus, a perfect location if you want to explore and see different species. As a Filipina, I’m pretty interested to see what Venezuela has to offer. You see, both Philippines and Venezuela were colonized by the Spaniards and most likely, there are some cultures that are similar. And without much of a surprise, Filipinos need to apply for a visa if you wish to go to Venezuela. In this post, I will share with you tips on how you can get your Venezuela Tourist visa for Filipinos with Philippines Passport.
Step by Step Guide on How to Get a Venezuela Tourist Visa for Filipinos
- One must the nearest Venezuela embassy or consulate for detailed instructions.
- Personal appearance is required in obtaining the visa.
Venezuela Tourist Visa Requirements for Filipinos
- Philippine passport that is valid for 6 months and more
- Completed application form
- 2 passport size photos
- Proof of residence
- Proof of income/ bank account/ credit card statement
- Proof of employment
- Business documents, if any
- Documentation of family members in Venezuela.
- Proof that you have been vaccinated against yellow fever
Venezuelan Consulates – Where to Apply
South East Asia
Manila – Venezuela Embassy Address: Unit 17 A, Multinational Bancorporation Centers, 6805 Ayala Avenue, Makati City, Metro Manila, 1226, Philippines
Manila – Venezuela Consulate
6th Fl. Majalco Bldg. Benavidez corner Transierra Str., Legaspi Village, Makati City, Manila, Philippines
Email: [email protected]
Indonesia – Address: Menara Mulia, 20th Floor, Suite 2005, Jl. Jenderal Gatot Subroto Kav. 9-11, P.O. Box 2727, Jakarta Selatan 12930, Indonesia
Phone: (+62) (21) 522-7548 / 49
Fax: (+62) (21) 522-7547
Malaysia – Address: Suite 20-05 & 20-06 20th Floor, Menara Tan & Tan, 207, Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone: (+60) 3 2163 3444 (+60) 3 2163 3445
Fax: (+60) 3 2163 6819
Singapore – Address: 3 Killiney Road, #07-03 Winsland House I, Singapore 239519, Singapore
Phone: (+65) 6491 1172 (+65) 6866 1439 (Consular)
Fax: (+65) 6235 3167
Vietnam – Address: 111 Trich Sai, Tay Ho District, Hanoi, Vietnam
Phone: (+84) 4-3759 2788 / 9
Fax: (+84) 4-3759 2728
London – Address: 1 Cromwell Road, London SW7 2HW, United Kingdom
Phone: (+44) 20 7584 4206 (+44) 20 7581 2776
Fax: (+44) 20 7589 8887
My Personal Experience
I obtained my Venezuela visa last November 15 and I was granted a ‘1 – year multiple visa entry’. The requirements are almost the same with the Chile and Argentina visa, so preparing for it wasn’t hard. Again, it is best to prepare additional supporting documents and always have a positive attitude. Bring your best foot forward and instantly get your visa.
Frequently Asked Questions about Venezuela and Venezuela Tourist Visa
1. Is Venezuela safe for visitors?
There are a number of reported crimes in Venezuela. So if you are planning to visit the country, make sure you iron your trip well. It’s not your usual destination where you can just improvise and decide which places to go as you step out from your plane. If you are not familiar with Venezuela, make sure you have arranged everything from your accommodation and tours. I am not scaring you. In fact, I would suggest that you visit this beautiful country. However. You really have to take necessary safety precautions.
2. When is the best time to visit Venezuela?
The good news is, you can visit the country any time of the year. Just pick the dates and pack your bags!
- January to February – Coolest months
- March to May – Warmest months
- June – Rainy month
- July to August – Hottest within the year
- September – Rainy month
- October – Best for wildlife tours
- November – Dry season
- Venezuela – Peak season
3. Venezuela tourist visa for Filipinos – How much is the visa fees for Venezuela Tourist Visa
The fee is approximately USD 100.
4. How long is the validity of Venezuela tourist visa?
Visas are issued for a period of 1 year allowing multiple entries for a period of 90 days.
5. How long is the processing time for the visa?
It is usually from 2 to 10 working days.
6. Do you need a travel insurance going to Venezuela?
We highly recommend that you get a because trust us, you wouldn’t want to get sick while travelling.
7. Can you travel to Venezuela if you don’t speak Spanish?
It isn’t a requirement but we encourage you to learn Spanish phrases you can use when in South America. It would be nice to converse with locals and it will make your adventure even more amazing!
8. Can you work in Venezuela on a tourist visa?
A BIG NO!
9. Can you extend your stay in Venezuela?
The visa may be extended for an additional and equivalent period of time by the appropriate Venezuelan authorities (Ministry of the Interior and Justice).
10. Why would Venezuelan Embassy deny my visa application?
Here are some of the possible reasons why your application will be denied.
- If you have criminal records
- You don’t have enough funds that will cover your Venezuela itinerary
- Lacking and invalid documents
- Your passport is about to expire
The above should help you prepare for your Venezuelan visa application and adventure. Share us your experience and let’s help other Filipinos cross out the country from their bucket list.
Note that I am not a visa expert and that I am a travel blogger sharing my experience and personal knowledge on acquiring Venezuelan visa.